What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Partners with Technology departments and Bankwide stakeholders to develop and implement policies procedures, processes, programs, and practices to guide the Bank toward mature IT governance consistent with industry laws and regulations. Central to the Technology's organization's success in effectively managing IT risk and meeting regulatory expectations.
Responsible for coordinating Technology team engagement responses for all audit, regulatory and risk exams and assessments. Briefs the Technology team on upcoming audit, regulatory, risk and compliance responsibilities; coordinating participation for audits, exams and testing activities; maintaining reports to management on new or outstanding findings; and coordinating remediation with the responsible teams within Technology and/or the business.
1. Ensures policy, standards and procedures are documented and updated according to industry regulatory standards, deadlines are met, approvals obtained, guidelines communicated and followed, and repository / system of record up-to-date.
2. Engages with technical process owners to understand technical process steps and guide development of standards, procedures and controls in alignment with policy and the IT Governance framework
3. Interfaces with internal teams and Audit, Regulatory Relations, IT and Operational Risk and other requestors as the coordinator for the Technology organization
4. Provides oversight and proactively manages the commitments made to auditors and regulators to ensure on-time completion of committed actions
5. Coordinates and reviews responses to audit and regulatory requests as well as artifacts submitted to close findings to ensure quality and completeness
6. Coordinates the execution of specified control mechanisms/testing against technical procedures to ensure they are being executed in an accurate and timely manner and adequately documented with required artifacts, while providing assistance to ensure quality and compliant results
7. Delivers timely and appropriate reports, summaries, and analytics
8. Maintains all versions and version control for all IT governance program documentation and pipeline with a thorough understanding of the processes and communicates the status.
9. Coordinates IT Governance-related meetings; records and maintains meeting minutes
10. Super-user for Technology’s use of the IT GRC (Archer) tool for all IT-related Governance activities and develops dashboards based on requirements
11. Special projects as requested
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related field strongly preferred;
· Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
· Familiarity with GRC (governance, risk, compliance) methodologies, tools and enablers in the financial services sector
· IT and financial services industry experience required
· Some experience writing and managing IT policies and procedures throughout their lifecycle
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong computer skills including MSOffice (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Visio) and Sharepoint preferred
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to deliver quality work product in a timely fashion in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with a focus on quality, completeness and accuracy
· The ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
· The ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Demonstrate a basic understanding of various compliance and regulatory areas (e.g. SOX, FFIEC)
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.