United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Financial Analyst – Organizational Profitability
Business Unit Summary
The Organizational Profitability function has oversight on Investment Decisioning, Segmentation and RAROC, Expense Allocations & Analytics, and Special Projects, in addition to framing and analyzing complex ad hoc initiatives at behest of the CFO and COO.
Organizational Profitability supports the bank's key investment decisions through data acquisition, analysis and recommendation, and works closely with the Business Lines and other support groups.
This role will be managed by the Expense Allocations & Analytics manager, and encompasses both key production and ad hoc analytic responsibilities. From a production standpoint, it will be responsible for running the bank’s “B2B” allocation model (which distributes shared revenue and expense among business units of the bank), in addition to BOWCOAL, as well as reviewing results and producing variance reporting. This position will also help to drive the capacity planning exercise across IT, HR, Banking Services and Compliance, and will assist in the coordination of zero based budgeting pilots.
1. Run allocations models, process chargebacks and review/validate the output
2. Collect drivers from business partners for monthly actuals, quarterly forecast, annual budget, and long-range forecast
3. Collaborate with the Management Reporting team to research expense variances and provide value-add monthly reporting for each line of business
4. Assist with new model capabilities including, but not limited to, fixed vs. variable cost and balance sheet allocation
5. Drive capacity planning exercises across IT, Banking Services, HR and Compliance.
6. Identify automation opportunities and increase model efficiency for drill down capabilities, driver collection and reduce model run-time
7. Work with Finance Technology on requirements documentation
8. Create validation templates to improve model accuracy
9. Additional analytical activities as required
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/Accounting/Statistics- Preferred
· Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience
· Knowledge of basic financial statements including Income Statement and Balance Sheet
· Familiarity with Activity Based Costing preferred
· Comfortable working with large quantities of data
· Strong financial modeling and model validation skills
· Collaboration skills
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Detail oriented
· Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access); working knowledge of Hyperion preferred
· Analytical and research skills
· Ability to analyze, apply, interpret and communicate complex technical results to non-quantitative audiences
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.