Financial Advisor- Retirement and Investments
United States-California-San Francisco
Wealth & Investment Management
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Provides retirement planning strategies for clients by assessing the client's past, present and future financial needs, objectives and requirements. Meets needs by proactively building relationships with clients, providing ongoing advice and drawing on the range of available R&I products. Initiates and proactively cultivates relationships with bank partners including Branch Managers and others.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides retirement strategies for client's needs by collecting and analyzing client financial data to determine which products best meet the client's retirement needs, and providing ongoing advice to the client as to what investment products are in the client's best interest.
2. Creates financial plans for customers.
3. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the Bank's products and offerings, and promotes these products and offerings amongst clients as appropriate.
4. Provides training to and promotes products amongst bank branch personnel in conjunction with BWIS Regional Manager.
5. Establishes and maintains relationships with 3-5 bank branches to generate viable referrals for Retirement & Investment products.
6. Provides outstanding customer service by following up on any client service request.
7. Fulfills all regulatory and firm compliance obligations as detailed in policies, procedures and regulations.
8. Collaborates with WMG and BOW partners.
9. Deepen relationships with existing book of business.
10. Responsible to grow IAS book of business to meet and exceed annual goal levels.
11. Must be able to develop / maintain cumulative IAS book of business of $ 0 - $9 mm over period of years.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field.
- Required license(s) or certification(s) Active FINRA Series 7, 63, 65 or series 66 and state insurance(s). Accredited Asset Management Specialist (AAMS) designation preferred.
- Years of functional/professional experience: 2 + years of advisory experience in securities/financial industry
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Knowledge of securities and financial industry; Bank product and service knowledge desired.
- Able to effectively communicate with diverse clientele
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS office software, including Word and Excel, and ability to navigate easily through internet based systems
- Excellent skills required in verbal and written communication, customer service, planning, organizational and making presentations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.