Field Operations Officer
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for leading or participating in Branch Self-Assessments and rating branch compliance with Bank policies and procedures. Preforms assignments under general supervision.
Essential Job Functions
1. Executes Branch Self Assessments by conducting audit tests related to transaction activities to ensure branch staff are adhering to Bank Policies and Procedures. Includes independent testing, documentation, objective evaluation, verbal discussion and reporting.
2. Conducts coaching related to Bank operational process and procedures to reduce loss risk.
3. Partners with Regional Management on operational activities and recommends opportunity for improvement.
4. Works with branch to balance operational controls and customer service in order to minimize risk to bank.
5. Prepares assessment report and conducts closing conferences with Branch Management and supplies Region Management with a summary of the assessments
6. Monitors and ensures that compliance standards determined by Senior Management are met by use of established audits /reviews and follow up.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Associate’s Degree
- Years of functional/professional experience: 3+ years of branch operations experience
- Years of supervisory or managerial experience: 1 + years
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Strong knowledge of branch banking operations and sales
- Strong knowledge of bank products and services
- Strong analytical and research skills required
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Demonstrates effective time management skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent PC skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbally to all levels of the bank.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.