Fiduciary Officer -IRA Focused- Wealth Management Group
United States-California-San Jose
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for representing Bank of the West Wealth Management Division in its fiduciary capacity as Trustee, Executor or Agent under various forms of agreement. Has responsibility for the overall administration of assigned fiduciary accounts, primarily IRA accounts and some employee benefit trust accounts, but may include other account types including irrevocable trusts and investment management agency accounts.
- Administers assigned accounts in accordance with the terms specified in the governing instrument.
- Resolves problems with assigned accounts as well as assisting others in account administration.
- Ensures assigned accounts are in compliance with bank audit and security standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintains contacts with customers to discuss and advise on problems, explain terms and specifications of the governing instrument, and to arrange for and process disbursements or other transactions acceptable under the terms of governing instrument.
- Sets up new fiduciary accounts as assigned.
- Assists in the development, installation, and administration of each plan, providing such services as disbursing payments to employees or retirees included in the plans.
- Makes recommendations to management or oversight committees regarding the appropriate course of action on non-routine matters.
- Participates in and supports the development of new business from existing or prospective customers and cross-selling opportunities within the bank.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience:
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required
· CISP certification preferred
· Minimum five years’ experience with administration of IRAs
Field of Experience:
· Complete knowledge of IRA account administration, including legal, financial and tax issues pertaining to IRA accounts
· Knowledge of employee benefits trust administration
· Analytical and research skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills (internally and with clients)
· Presentation skills
· Strong computer skills and proficiency learning multiple computer applications
· Bank product and service knowledge
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.