United States-California-San Francisco
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing administrative support for executives, primarily performing advanced, complex, diverse and confidential administrative support duties and secondarily performing secretarial support duties. Works independently. Requires thorough knowledge of unit practices, policies, programs, business and organization of Bank of the West (the Bank). Must demonstrate tact, diplomacy, discretion, independent judgment and initiative on assignments and communications of a highly sensitive nature. May handle personal business matters for senior executives to allow the senior executives to concentrate their efforts on managing of the Bank’s business. May direct the work of other support personnel.
Essential Job Functions
1. Handles the day-to-day administrative duties, monitors deadlines and follows up on pending matters.
2. Interacts continuously with various Bank executives to resolve highly complex issues.
3. Inputs and retrieves data utilizing knowledge of various computer software packages. Types correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers and related materials for unit staff. Formats documents and determines page layout and selection of different fonts.
4. Initiates and independently researches complex information requests, compiles statistics, gathers, analyzes and summarizes data for projects and reports, prepares the materials and determines method of presentation.
5. Receives and screens telephone calls, mail and visitors. Routes callers, takes messages and answers questions relating to the unit’s function. May interact with Bank clients to schedule appointments, answer questions and resolve highly complex issues. May act as information source for the unit.
6. Composes letters and memoranda from verbal direction or knowledge of Bank’s policies, procedures and functions. Initiates responses to correspondence for senior executive or own signature.
7. Schedules and coordinates meetings and facilities which may include travel and lodging arrangements.
8. Prepares and processes unit purchase requisitions and vendor invoices.
9. Organizes and maintains files, correspondence, records and other documents.
10. May take minutes of meetings and maintains the final records of the meetings.
11. Furnishes and obtains information from other senior officers or outside clients and/or contacts.
12. Processes and maintains information of a highly complex and confidential nature dealing with issues of substantial importance to the Bank.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School - Not Applicable
· Associate’s Degree in - Required
· Bachelor’s Degree in - Required
· Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
· Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.