Banking Services Program Manager
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Looking for top talent! This is a high profile role with a lot of exposure to our executive management and key stakeholders in the bank. This person will be responsible for managing and/or developing business improvement projects specific to regulatory and big risk projects following defined project methodology. Projects may include product development, integration, technology, conversions, and other special projects as approved. Responsible for managing the initiation, planning, execution, controlling and closing processes on projects. Must have experience with managing a group of junior to seasoned senior level Projects Managers and Business Analysts. In addition, must be able to work well under pressure, practices a collaborative management style and provides creative problem solving skills. This position will require 50% travel. Big bank experience preferred.
- Acts as Consultant, evaluating and identifying business issues and opportunities. Designs large scale enterprise-level projects and change initiatives.
- Develops full scale project plans including project governance and communication processes.
- Manages all operational and tactical aspects of large scale projects including project review.
- Works with other members of the Enterprise Project Office to provide project portfolio management for the bank's key strategic initiatives.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s/Advanced Degree preferred
- Required license(s) or certifications (Project Management Certification - PMP) preferred
- 10 - 15+ years experience with large-scale projects and strategic initiatives.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Broad experience within financial services industry.
- Ability to engage with executive-level leadership in consultative interactions.
- Very strong facilitation, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Will supervise a team of 2 or more professional staff
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.