What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Under minimal supervision, responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving moderate to complex technical issues within network, telecom (voice), server, application, and data center facility environments. Monitor, coordinate, and escalate the resolution of IT outages with external vendors and internal teams. Install, manage, and update a variety of IT management and monitoring tools. Create, update, and maintain documentation, reports, and procedures. Document tickets and escalate issues in a clear, timely, and accurate manner. Prioritize, communicate, and escalate issues according to established service level agreements. Serve as an escalation point within Bank of the West’s Enterprise Command Center. Provide guidance and direction to less-experienced peers. Assists Enterprise Command Center management as needed.
1. Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve moderate to complex technical issues.
2. Monitor, coordinate, and escalate the resolution of IT outages with external vendors and internal teams.
3. Perform detailed problem and root cause analysis.
4. Install, manage, and update IT management and monitoring tools.
5. Monitor file transmissions and job processing to ensure service level agreements are met.
6. Create and maintain daily, weekly and monthly trending and analysis reports.
7. Create and maintain Operational and Service Level Agreements.
8. Create and maintain outage and shift reports.
9. Create and maintain departmental documentation and procedures.
10. Manage and/or participate in assigned projects.
11. Provide escalation and status updates to IT management
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Associates degree in an IT related discipline or equivalent work experience.
· Three to five years of directly related work experience.
Field of Experience
· Proficient in one or more of the following disciplines: data network, telecom (voice), server, application, and data center facility
· Experience in some of the following technologies including but not limited to: Cisco routers, switches, and load balancers, F5, Blue Coat, Check Point, HP Server, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco UCS, VMware, Citrix, EMC storage, AIX, and Linux OS
· Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to analyze data captures and log files
· Strong sense of urgency to resolve issues as soon as possible and perform root cause analysis
· Strong documentation and communication skills
· Ability to drive issues to resolution through escalation with vendors and internal teams
· Working knowledge of network management and monitoring tools with an emphasis on improving the visibility and efficiency of our tools
· Experience in a Command Center or NOC environment
· Supervisory or large project lead experience
· Diagnostic and analytical
· Event correlation
· Maintain detailed documentation
· Knowledge and experience with MS Office applications
· Planning and organizing
· Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
· Strong written and verbal communication
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.