IT EIM ETL Developer, Sr
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
We are seeking a qualified and motivated candidate to be responsible for proper ETL architecture, standards and best practices, collaborating with existing ETL resources to set cutting edge industry standards. Participates in setting strategy and standards through logical and physical modeling and implementation.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages development resources by assigning design, development and testing tasks and ensuring resource adhere to previously agreed to timelines communicating status.
- Evaluates the integration a various data sources like Oracle, SQL server, VSAM and sequential files into staging area and recommends and/or implements efficiencies.
- Counsels team members on the evaluation of data using the Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) toolkit. Applies data analysis, data cleansing, data matching, exception handling, and reporting and monitoring capabilities of IDQ
- Performs technical walk-through as needed to communicate design/coded solution and to seek input from team members.
- Develops ETL processes using Informatica, ETL control tables, error logging, auditing, data quality, etc.
- Implements data cleanup procedures, transformations, scripts, stored procedures, and execution of test plans for loading the data successfully into the targets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 7 - 10years of experience at Enterprise-level ETL development and ETL architecture using Informatica, Teradata, and understading the COBOL file structures.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Strong Teradata technical knowledge in the areas of general SQL, and use of Teradata export and import utilities (FastExport, FastLoad, MLoad)
- Strong Informatica technical knowledge in the areas on Informatica Designer Components -Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Good knowledge of analytical and logical conceptual level programming skills
- Good knowledge of Erwin model generation tools (logical and physical); Teradata and the Teradata Financial Services Logical Data Model
- Data analysis, data mapping, data loading, and data validation.
- Understand reusability, parameterization, workflow design, etc.
- Support other ETL developers; providing mentoring, technical assistance, troubleshooting and alternative development solutions
- Should have thorough understanding of Entire life cycle of Software and various Software Engineering Methodologies.
- Performance tuning and end-to-end lifescycle experience with Enterprise wide data warehouse
Supervise 2 or more Professional Staff
Acts as Lead
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.