Equipment Finance Division (EFD) Records & Office Manager
United States-California-San Francisco
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for the electronic imaging of original equipment lease files and related title documents, storage and retrieval of original lease files, compliance with regulatory requirements and privacy laws, coordinating corporate events and training needs and managing the office administrative and operational needs. Directs the work of the office support personnel, supervising all record retention and imaging activities, maintaining office supplies, coordinating facilities needs, planning events, assisting with customer visits and general departmental support functions.
- Supervises and directs the work of the imaging specialists in performing the following duties: maintenance of contract files, electronic imaging of all lease documents, proper storage of original lease contracts and preparation of customer welcome packages. Responsible for ensuring that the applicable record retention policies are being followed.
- Ensures compliance with applicable statutory, regulatory and legal requirements as they relate to the proper handling, storage and destruction of confidential data and customer information.
- Provides support for internal and external audits as well as lease portfolio purchases and sales, including but not limited to obtaining, reviewing and maintaining an inventory of original lease documents and requesting/tracking customer acknowledgements required for portfolio purchases.
- Supervises and directs the work of the receptionist and office staff in performing the following duties: answering and routing customer telephone calls, ordering office supplies, receipt and distribution of mail, handling of outgoing mail and overnight deliveries and general office administration.
- Recommends and/or authorizes new hires, terminations, disciplinary actions, salary actions, and performance reviews. Provides on-the-job training and guidance to the staff.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations to management regarding policies and procedures. Revises procedures, develops ways to improve workflow, and determines methods to be used.
- Identifies issues requiring attention, works independently and on own initiative, and manages and directs projects. Handles administrative duties of moderate to high complexity, monitors deadlines, and follows up on pending matters.
- Composes letters and memoranda from verbal direction or knowledge of the Bank's policies, procedures, and functions. Initiates responses to correspondence for senior executive or own signature.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, which may include travel and lodging arrangements and organizing departmental meetings and other large scale events.
- Oversees and directs facilities functions, such as internal moves, building maintenance and telecom service in coordination with the Bank's facilities department.
- Receives and may interact with clients to schedule appointments, answer questions and resolve issues of moderate to high complexity.
- Processes and maintains information of moderate to high complexity and confidential in nature dealing with issues of substantial importance to the department.
- Performs other functions as assigned or required.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Five years experience in general office management in company that offers financial products
- Office management experience
- Knowledge of financial products, terminology and legal documents
- Familiarity with formatting reports, presentations, spreadsheets, graphics, etc
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Knowledge of facilities, building maintenance, and telecommunications services
- Analytical and research skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Business and executive office protocol
- Composition and proofreading skills
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Financial product and service knowledge
- Mathematical skills, including compilation of statistics, balancing of figures
- Organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- PC skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Project management skills
- Schedule and coordinate events, meetings and appointments
- Supervisory skills
- Types 60 wpm
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Manages employees performing general office administrative tasks
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Field of Experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.