EFD Account Manager
United States-California-San Francisco
Sales and Sales Related
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
We are currently seeking qualified, motivated talent to expand and maintain presence in our core vertical markets. Represent products to the equipment dealers and end users in our core segments. Work independently of the National Accounts Manager's (NAM) to develop relationships to be managed with minimal support. Provide support to the NAM to facilitate growth opportunities in Volume and NPV. Assist in the pursuit of ongoing opportunities to hone sales and marketing skills in the vendor-leasing arena. Complement the overall management of the accounts and overall territory.
In this role you will:
- Assist with any transactions as directed by the National Account Manager.
- Make outbound calls to targeted vendors and help develop business relationships.
- Responsible for repeat end-user generated transactions for any industry.
- Provide sales administration support to NAM that impede NAM's selling time.
- Present thorough and clear credit packages to Credit Department.
- Maintain full territory responsibility when NAM is out-of-office.
- Identify industry marketing trends and make recommendations for action.
- Represent interests in scrutinizing lower tier vendors or customers.
- Negotiate lease pricing and structures that are acceptable to the credit department.
- Evaluate and assemble financial statements for presentation to the Credit Department.
- Assist with planning and preparation of trade shows.
- Attend trade shows as budget allows.
- Responsible for 001 transactions of $20k or less which impede selling time.
- Cover for NAM if out temporarily, or unavailable.
- Support Sales and Vendor Services team.
- Enter credit applications in credit processing system.
- BA Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Three years experience as a Sales Associate in equipment sales or leasing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong follow-up skills are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good business writing and grammar.
- Ability to work with a myriad of personalities at all position and departmental levels.
- Ability to review financial statements and tax returns.
- Ability to work with internal clients to include internal credit, administrative staff, vendor sales teams, management, and ability to work with external clients.
- Basic understanding of leasing and financial lending.
- Good understanding of Word, Excel, ACT, Outlook and some computer graphic printing knowledge.
- Professional attitude, strong business ethics, self-motivated
- Ability to work independently toward clear objectives and goals.
- Ability to prioritize tasks while remaining focused on important goals and timelines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to develop a good working partnership and teamwork approach with the Vendor Services and Credit Departments.
- Occasional travel, one to two days per month, is required to
- Attend trade shows
- Visit customers.
Field of Experience
- Frequent walking and standing is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.