Document Processor I - Direct Consumer Lending
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for creating complete and accurate loan documentation to ensure a legally enforceable contractual agreement between the borrower and the bank while satisfying all internal and external regulatory requirements.
Essential Job Functions
1. Prepares required loan documentation for all personal property consumer transactions ensuring a legally enforceable agreement between borrower and the bank.
2. Reviews loan documentation for state specific requirements, file contents for all applicable supporting documentation, and verification of the rate as documented in the application processing system.
3. Reviews loan file to ensure accuracy and completeness. This includes to checking for spelling errors, correct rates, and the inclusion of all required supporting documentation.
4. Reviews title work for accuracy and state specific requirements.
5. Works with collateral and underwriting staff members to resolve any questions or issues associated with the file.
6. Receives questions and assists branch personnel and sales representatives regarding loan documentation (i.e. verbiage, titling, disbursements,etc)
7. Interfaces with sales representatives, outside lending partners, DMV offices and/or title/doc service companies.
8. Provides additional support to other areas of DCL Operations as required.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate’s Degree in business, finance or equivalent combination of education and experience
One to two years of consumer lending experience preferred. Experience in a high volume/production environment preferred.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
• Knowledge of consumer loan and line documentation
• Knowledge of consumer loan compliance regulations
• Knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office software, including Word and Excel
• Attention to details
• Ability to be a team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.