United States-California-San Francisco
Communications / Marketing
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
We are currently seeking qualified talent to manage advertising activity across the bank and lines of businesses (TV, radio, print, OOH, digital, etc), both creative and media; develops advertising aligned to marketing strategies and works with digital and social teams to implement multi-channel communications targeted to both customers and prospects. Supports all Bank of the West lines of business, including a variety of segments, multi-cultural (Asian and Hispanic), local marketing, and the brand as a whole. This role will accelrate the pace of change and continue to re-create the Bank of the West brand. As an advertising expert, this includes continuing to push the quality of the creative and message in order to increase bottom line impact.
In this role you will:
1. Develop the Bank's advertising plan, including media and creative.
2. Lead the advertising agency of record, direct all advertising activities, and coordinate presentations to Executive Management.
3. Lead the media agency of record, develop and steward the Bank's advertising budget, manage approvals and monitor variances.
4. Develop research and tracking to assess the effectiveness of advertising and brand activities.
5. Lead creative agencies to develop and implement marketing programs including owned media, promotions, retail merchandising, etc.
6. Support the development of integrated campaign strategies that are informed by a deep understanding of the business, products and target audience.
7. Consistently seek to enhance campaign effectiveness through the best in class application of marketing data, analytics and creative testing to inform campaign strategy and objectives and to track, optimize and report on the performance of campaigns.
8. Effectively establish and lead a team; acquiring, retaining and engaging key talent to drive organizational strategic advertising mandate.
9. Responsible for the recruitment, development, coaching, counseling, discipline, writing and administering of performance reviews in a timely manner and retention of assigned team members.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Bus Admin or related field
· Master’s/Advanced Degree in Business Administration or related field
· 10+ years experience developing integrated strategies for brands and businesses, either at an advertising agency or on the Client side, experience in financial services industry preferred.
· 8+ years of supervisory or managerial experience
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Senior leadership experience in Marketing and Advertising with scope over strategy development, planning and activation;
- Demonstrated ability to influence across multiple lines of business and at multiple levels in the organization with excellent interpersonal, motivational, negotiation and relationship building skills;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; Strategic thinker with good judment and strong conceptual thinking skills;
- Experience working with and/or leading outside agency resources to manage engagement, deliverables and commercial agreements; Experience defining and managing significant campaign budgets;
- Strong decision making skills to ensure that competing priorities are assessed and managed effectively;
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing social and mobile platforms, deep understanding of media performance and analytics, and demonstrated ability to use thoughtful and systematic approach to problem solving, goal setting and strategic prioritization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.