At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.
Job Description Summary
- Setup and maintain enterprise application automation processes. Using Jenkins master /slave instances. Designing jenkins file/jobs for all the applications to have continuous deployment. Setting up test report generation through Junit. Preparing Junit test scripts and configuring & invoking the test scripts. Triggering integration test job from slave Jenkins. Configuring Jacoco to test the code coverage with % and report it out after the build is complete in Jenkins. Configuring code quality using Sonarqube. Setting up the standards for all the application which implements all coding standards; Creating pipelines with blue-green and canatry type of deployments.
- Configuring open source library vulnerabilities and license type scans. Setting up vulnerability standards and policies. Experience with tools like black duck/sonatype is required.
- Setup static and dynamic code check for security breach
Essential Job Functions
Containerizing Applications and Container Orchestration:
Creating container images for all applications Mongo, node.js, java. Setting up container environment/network using docker compose. Setting up entry-points; routing for all the container logs to Splunk. Preparing dockerfile for preparing docker customized images; Preparing scripts for moving them to different environments; Configuring SMTP setup
DevOps Paas Implementation:
Deploying application to PaaS – IBM Cloud Private & Openshift,
Creating services,ingress, deployment, namespace, cluster in kubernetes
cluster; Spinning new environments in kubernetes cluster
IaaS AWS Implementation:
Implementing AWS Container Service - ECS; Implementing AWS Kubernetes Service – EKS; Working on various services on AWS (VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, EBS, Route 53, ELB, Auto Scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, RedShift, SNS, CloudWatch, EMR) Automating and developing the AWS environments using AWS CLI. Trouble shooting in VPC, ELB, EC2, Auto Scaling; Designing security groups / nacl firewall rules, IAM within AWS; Working on AWS Failover/DR strategies; Solution design for migration of on-premise data to AWS for Data Warehouse build and Analytics; Creation of custom AMI's for CI, CD and DR within cloud infrastructure.
Implementing and managing Reverse Proxy/LTM/GTM load balancing:
Two way mutual SSL authentication setup between F5 and Traefik which includes CSR and implementing in servers; Configuring SSL in Traefik; Whitelisting the F5 IP and configuring trusted IPs; Setting up Backend and Frontend for the applications; Setting up health checks; Configuring circuit breaker as necessary; Setting up keep alive ports; Setting up sticky session; Setting up DNS for load balancers and changing the CNAME when needed for user needs
Disaster Recovery Implementation and testing:
Building DR servers as mirror replicas of production servers through
SRM; Implementing DR servers as Virtual Machine; Switching SRM to DR IP
address; Pointing DNS records to DR IP address; Switching database to DR
database; Switching prod configuration files for DB, ESB and SSL certificates
for pointing to DR configuration; Starting up applications and smoke testing,
bringing up the DR DB in snapshot mode to test application to be able to write
Source Code Repository management:
Creating Repository for each application in gitlab; Implementing Cloud config server; managing Users and groups management in gitlab; SSL set up for secure authentication; Integration with LDAP; JIRA; maintenance, migration, setup of high availability for gitlab with active-active setup
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Junit/TestNG, Jacoco, Sonarqube, Black Duck, HP Fortify
- PaaS: IBM Cloud Private, Openshift
- IaaS: AWS
- Load Balancing(LTM/Reverse Proxy/Frond End Load Balancing) F5, Traefik
- NoSQL MongoDB, Redis, Elastic Search
- Disaster Recovery SRM, Rsync/Lsynccd
- Configuration/Deployment Management Ansible, Chef
- Build IntelliJ, GIT
- Programming Language Java, SQL, SP_SQL (oracle)
- Monitoring Monit, Solarwinds
- Containerization and Orchestration Docker, Kubernetes, Docker-Compose
- Dependency Management Nexus
- Servers Linux Redhat 7
- Server log monitoring/ Dashboard/Alert Splunk, Grafana, Logstash
- Integration Testing SOAP UI
- Project Management - JIRA
- Framework : Spring Boot framework, Behavior and Domain Driven Design
- Master’s in Computer Science. Graduate in Computer Science and Engineering
- Relevant Certifications: AWS certificated solution Architect
- Relevant Training: Scrum Agile
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.