Cybersecurity Engineer II (Fusion Center)
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Cybersecurity Engineer II
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the maintenance of security solutions within the Cybersecurity Office. Supports the business, security, and technical staff by assisting with the deployment of security controls and processes. Maintains and supports security tools. Escalates security incidents in order for appropriate action to be taken. Delivers timely and high quality work products to meet expectations. Aids in the implementation of security solutions to meet business needs. Escalates and assists in enhancement opportunities to meet bank and industry policies, standards, and guidance.
Essential Job Functions
1. Assists with the creation and/or review of processes.
2. Communicates and coordinates with technology and business functional groups to specify hardware, software and network connectivity for production and test environments.
3. Conducts forensic investigations and/or ensures systems specifications, security controls and appropriate logging and monitoring align with business needs.
4. Assists with support of existing systems and/or business requests.
5. Provide reports as assigned on key trends, performance and risk indicators affecting the group’s processes, tools, and responsibilities for management and key stakeholders.
6. Provides support on assigned tools and processes.
7. Provides support as an information security subject matter expert to department or business units for small/less complex business applications or system processes.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School - Not Applicable
· Bachelor’s Degree in - Preferred
· Required License(s) or Certifications in - Preferred
· Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
· Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· 1-3 years of preferred information security experience (experience in and understanding of all security domains).
· Experience in a regulated industry highly desirable; financial services preferred.
· Knowledge of Information Security Tool deployment and operations.
· Knowledge of enterprise architecture.
· Ability to design mixed-technology solutions.
· Ability to conduct ROI and gap analysis for potential and existing products.
· Ability to work with little guidance.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
· Must be resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven and adaptable.
Cybersecurity Engineer- Forensics
o Responsible for and/or managing the identification, collection, and analysis of electronic data, with the goal of preserving any evidence in its most original form while performing a structured investigation that is legally defensible. In concert with the banks HR, Legal, Corporate Security and Information Security Departments.
o Performs eDiscovery tasks as required in support of requests from Legal and HR in the support of litigation for and against the Bank. Conducts examination of logs, hard drives, network traffic, and other data to support targeted investigations.
Cybersecurity Engineer- EVC (Event Center)
o Responsible for supporting security solutions within the Cybersecurity Office. Assists the business, security and technical subject matter experts to deploy security controls and processes. Manage the tool lifecycle by maintaining and supporting security tools. Escalates and reports security incidents to partners in order for appropriate action to be taken.
o Deliver timely and high quality work products to meet client’s expectations. Defines, analyzes, evaluates, and aids in the implementation of security solutions to meet business needs. Reviews, monitors, recommends and reports enhancement opportunities to meet bank and industry policies, standards, and guidance. Cybersecurity Engineer -Business Consultants
o Partners, communicates and consults with business and key stakeholders to relay technical security concepts in a clear and concise manner. Deliver timely and high quality work products to meet client’s expectations. Defines, analyzes, evaluates, and aids in the implementation of security solutions to meet business needs. Reviews, monitors, recommends and reports enhancement opportunities to meet bank and industry policies, standards, and guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.