CRES Non-Network Area Sales Manager - Mortgage - Sacramento, CA
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The regulations implementing the S.A.F.E. Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
Responsible for achieving division sales goals and objectives, cross-sell results, employee retention, customer satisfaction, productivity, profitability and company reputation in the area of first mortgages through the development and motivation of assigned team. Ensures highest quality of customer satisfaction through the audit, survey and monitoring of customer interaction with existing customer base, branch distribution network and non-bank customers. Provides business advice, support and project leadership in the application of change, service and technology.
Essential Job Functions
1. Manages and directs the sales and business development activities of the Mortgage Bankers directly including selection, performance management, and coaching. Typically 4 - 7 Mortgage Bankers in the assigned area.
2. Functions as a Mortgage Banker with primarily responsibility for identifying customer needs, providing products or services that meet those needs and maintaining a customer relationship for life sales approach. Responsible for exceeding all minimum standards established under the Mortgage Banker compensation plan.
3. Oversees the development of marketing/business plans for each Mortgage Banker's designated territory. Develops and recommends marketing objective, including sales volumes and profit forecasts. Develops tactical plans and makes strategic recommendation to effectively manage and grow the business.
4. Reviews and monitors pipeline report and other pertinent management information to ensure adequate commitment levels to achieve desired loan volume and customer responsiveness/satisfaction. Directs the preparation and maintenance of reports and management information.
5. Plans, coordinates, and implements sales strategies with RBG Division and Regional Sales Managers regularly. Establishes and maintains interactive relationships with appropriate branch and other bank partners, and non-bank referral sources, to include regular communication regarding service, volumes, quality and other pertinent business strategies.
6. Represents the Bank in the community through active participation in community events and provides leadership as appropriate in community activities, thereby raising the prominence of our Bank in the local community, as well as contributing to community growth.
7. Ensures unit provides a best in class (the highest quality) of customer service to all customers, both existing and new.
8. Keeps informed of competitor's rates and loan programs, and recommends appropriate changes to current bank programs and rates.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Years of functional/professional experience: Five or more years mortgage sales experience
- Years of supervisory or managerial experience: Two years or more supervisory/management experience preferred
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage industry including sales, origination, underwriting, and regulatory requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.