CRES Mortgage Banking Assistnt - Los Gatos, CA
United States-California-Los Gatos
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The regulations implementing the S.A.F.E. Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
Under supervision, acts a liaison between CRES Mortgage Bankers and processing, underwriting and closing units. Supports the CRES Mortgage Bankers in all technical aspects, including with documents and forms, taking loan applications, monitoring regulatory changes and working with individual loan problems. Interacts with Realtors and other external referral sources as a secondary contact for communications when the CRES Mortgage Bankers is not available. Provides marketing support for the loan originator.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides support to loan originators with customers in matters pertaining to the loan origination function.
2. Interviews applicants, completes quality loan applications and follows-up with customers. Demonstrates good communication and listening skills throughout the loan process. Exercises absolute integrity and confidentiality in all dealings with customers and/or prospects.
3. Assists CRES Mortgage Bankers by monitoring loan status through close. Acts as a liaison between the CRES Mortgage Bankers, underwriters, processors and closing. Assist CRES Mortgage Bankers in the resolution of issues that arise pertaining to the processing and closing of the loan.
4. Provides technical support and expertise to CRES Mortgage Bankers in resolving customer issues, needs or concerns to enhance timely and effective customer service and promote efficient loan closings.
5. May assist CRES Mortgage Bankers with calls to potential or existing customers to develop new business or retain existing business; the preparation of presentations at branches, at real estate office sales meetings, homebuyers seminars or any other venue to solicit first mortgage business.
6. Transact business in conformance with state and federal regulations such as, but not limited to, RESPA, HMDA, and Fair Lending Practices. Consistently works in accordance to published department sales and services standards.
7. Proactively communicates service and/or business issues to CRES Mortgage Bankers to ensure timely and appropriate resolution.
8. Identifies opportunities to refer customers and/or potential customers to other units of the bank to provide services that meet their needs.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Years of functional/professional experience: One or more years of residential lending, origination or processing experience preferred.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Financial products or services experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including, but not limited to, Windows, Word and Excel, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.