Credit Division Group Manager - Dealer Financial Services, CBG
United States-California-San Ramon
Business / Commercial Banking
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing a complete credit process for the assigned CBG Division; being the lead and driving force in all credit matters at the Division level. Reports to the CBG Head of Loan Book & Credit Products with dotted line to the relevant Division Manager. With the Head of Loan Book & Credit Products and the Division Manager, helps define lending strategies and parameters of the Division. Manages team of underwriters responsible for financial analysis, loan structuring, approval, and monitoring of the loan book. Plays a critical role in portfolio management and business development.
Essential Job Functions
- Proactively recommends adoption, modification and implementation of underwriting strategies, standards, analyses, relevant processes and procedures to maintain acceptable levels of risk and return at all times.
Implements policies and procedures to comply with fundamental business and credit priorities of the Bank.
- Has authority to approve loans within delegated signing authority level; recommends to higher level of authority if appropriate and/or recommends loans for denial.
- Establishes pricing for loans within guidelines established at the Division and Group level; provides input regarding loan product pricing and features for loans over approval authority.
- Assists the Division Manager with the leadership and management of the Division, including strategic and tactical planning and budgeting.
- Represents the Bank as appropriate in its relationships with joint ventures, major customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, professional societies and similar groups.
- Makes recommendations regarding the Bank's product and market coverage in collaboration with research, product development, marketing, pricing, and operational activities.
- Presents portfolio performance to Executive Management
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams multiple job areas.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 12-15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Management or Business-related subject
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lending, sales, and financial service needs of middle market and large corporate companies.
- Thorough knowledge of industry/market assigned.
- Analytical and research.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Coordinate events and meetings.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Marketing skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Planning and organizing.
- Use personal computer.
- Written and verbal computer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.