Credit Analyst - Liquidity Specialty Group (Business Banking)
United States-California-Newport Beach
Sales and Sales Related
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for contributing to the Liquidity Specialty Group profitability by portfolio management and credit support for senior relationship managers and relationship managers. Will be managing the credit process. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, high energy, detailed oriented, good attitude, self-motivated and a great problem solver. Must have a strong working knowledge of credit in business banking. Generally targets companies with sales of less than $50 million.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides historical financial analysis for CRs and other purposes.
• Maintains credit compliance including monitoring documentation and providing regular financial analysis. Identifies potential problem loans.
• Prepares CRs.
• Prepares all internal documentation required.
• Prepares financial models including obtaining and analyzing all necessary financial data using specialized commercial credit analysis software.
Other Job Duties
• Promotes good customer relations with other units of the bank.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
• May have practical knowledge of project management.
• Prefer 5 years of related work experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Some experience in commercial lending.
• Some knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
• Good knowledge of accounting, financial statement and cash flow analysis, and financial model analysis and presentation.
• Fundamental knowledge of financial services used by commercial customers.
• Limited knowledge of capital markets.
• Documentation knowledge.
• Financial analysis skills.
• Written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.