CPS Monetary Specialist II
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for the timely and accurate posting of monies to consumer loan, line of credit, and lease products. Reviews for fees, overpayments, and returns for both real estate and non-real estate products to ensure compliance with federal regulations while providing a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: researching and processing maintenance transactions to resolve issues from customer, branch, or third party inquiries including by phone, in written communications and in work orders. Extensive work on the telephone with use of headset, and computer data entry and inquiry.
Essential Job Functions
1. Processes payments to consumer loan, line and lease products ensuring compliance with the Bank's policies and applicable regulations by reviewing Incoming Wire Transfers, NFG Reports, and Customer Checks/Money Orders for credit to the appropriate account and prepares general ledger offset ticket. Works in conjunction with the Accounting and Reporting Group as necessary to ensure all accounts meet documented procedural requirements and guidelines.
2. Processes monetary transactions in varying amounts to payoff consumer loan, line and lease products ensuring compliance with the Bank's policies and applicable regulations by reviewing Incoming Wire Transfers, NFG Reports, BOWDealers and Customer Checks/Money Orders for credit to the appropriate account, prepares general ledger offset ticket and when necessary queues refunds for accounts. On an as needed basis, completes an in-depth review of the account to ensure funds are properly credited and any overpayment is released in the proper time frame.
3. Performs the necessary research to validate proper level of authorization on requests prior to processing monetary fee waiver transactions in varying amounts.
4. Processes Attorney Statements to break out and apply trustee transactions in varying amounts.
5. Investigates payment issues and places stop payments and/or reissues new checks to the customer on an as needed basis.
6. Prepares Wells Fargo lease deposit and works with courier for pickup and delivery.
7. Processes Reports and pays or assesses fees for "Essex" loans and subordinations.
8. Determines appropriate refund amount on lines of credit that are paid in full and generates refund checks.
9. Cross trains to assist Transaction Processing with Back Counter Scanning Process.
10. Resolves customer impact issues by communicating and participating in problem resolutions within the CPS Payment Processing Group.
11. Notepads/documents all conversations held with customer, branch or third party updating any information regarding work processed.
12. Reviews, logs, and submits daily personal tracking log.
13. Opens, sorts, and processes incoming mail.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Years of functional/professional experience: Two or more years of previous banking or related field experience preferably in a customer service or accounting setting. Working knowledge of loan documentation and various state and federal rules/regulations pertaining to monetary transaction processing for deed and non – deed related products preferred.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail skills
- Customer Service skills - both written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Personal computer skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations such as Reg Z Guidelines
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.