Collateral Processor I - Consumer Product Servicing
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties related to securing the Bank’s collateral interests for both real estate and non-real estate products while providing a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: researching and processing maintenance transactions to resolve issues from customer or branch inquiries including by phone, in written communications and in work orders. Extensive work on the telephone with use of headset, and computer data entry and inquiry.
1. Processes the following maintenance transactions ensuring compliance with the Bank's policies and applicable regualtions: Manages for outstanding titles/UCC's via the Collateral Management System(CMS) and CT Lien Solutions to ensure timely lien placement. Contacts appropriate agencies on an as needed basis to assit with the placement of the lien.
2. Processes the following miscellaneous items in accordance with bank policies: Files UCC continuation on expiring liens, completes UCC updates to ensure compliance with pledged Borrower in Custody (BIC) files, researches miscellaneous loan requests to assist in the placement of the lien.
3. Performs review of signed documentation to ensure that the securing documents reflect accurate vehicle identification number (VIN) and are correctly signed. Works with the source of origination to resolve any issues identified in the review.
4. Reviews, logs, and submits incoming titles to vault or CMS, dependent upon state requirements, for safekeeping.
5. Opens, sorts, and process incoming mail.
6. Notepads/documents all conversations and work processed.
7. Provides additional support to other back office groups in both DLP and CPS as needed.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· High School Diploma or GED required
· One or more years of previous banking or related field experience preferably in a customer service setting. Working knowledge of collateral documentation, securing collateral for personal property products, and various state and agency rules/regulations pertaining to securing collateral for deed and non – deed related products preferred.
Field of Experience
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Attention to detail skills
· Customer Service skills - both written and verbal communication and interpersnoal skills
· Planning and organizational skills
· Personal computer skills
· Ability to be a team player
· Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations such as Regulation Z
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.