of the West is a regional financial services company headquartered in San
Francisco with $86.9 billion in assets as of June 30, 2017. With community bank
roots dating back more than 140 years, Bank of the West operates a network of
retail, wealth, commercial and business banking branches and offices in 23
states. The Bank has more than 10,000 team members serving the needs of
approximately two million customers.
Bank of the West is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas, a leading bank in
Europe, which has a presence in 74 countries with more than 192,000 employees.
Based in San Francisco, the Corporate Strategy &
Development team helps drive the Bank’s long-term goals and assess strategic
opportunities at corporate and business unit levels. Our main responsibilities include:
- Corporate and Business Unit Strategy: work with the Bank’s main
operating groups to provide internal consulting on growth, competitive
strategy, and business improvement projects.
- Industry and Peer Benchmarking: develop strategic insights from
quantitative analysis of peers and direct competitors.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: monitor M&A and bank valuation
environment, identify potential acquisition targets, perform due diligence, and
- Ad Hoc Projects: execute other strategic, operational, and financial
Our team is comprised of professionals with backgrounds in corporate
development, M&A, private equity, strategy and consulting, and other
Job Description Summary
- Contribute to the building of financial models and analyses related
to forecasting, valuation, M&A, or other financial activities. Examples include M&A and business case modeling
including pro forma B/S, P&L, ROIC, and other bank-specific profitability
- Lead or conduct general problem solving on a variety of strategic,
operational, financial, transactional, and related topics (based on
- Lead or perform competitive and industry research and provide data support and analysis.
- Lead or contribute to primary research, perform business case
analysis, draft management presentation, and support stakeholders as required.
- Assist other Corporate Strategy and Development members and other
groups and functions within the Bank on a variety of projects as needed.
- Perform other duties or ad hoc projects as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Bachelor’s degree, major in Business or Economics with finance
- 4-6 years of experience in corporate development & strategy, or
other financial analytics roles.
- Prior experience with banks or financial institutions required.
- Strong financial modeling and analysis skills, and ability to work
with large amount of data.
- Critical thinking, resourceful, business case structuring and
problem solving skills.
- Superb work ethic and ownership, team oriented, and positive
attitude that results in consistent, high-quality performance.
- Strong self-motivation and a desire to work independently in a
relatively unstructured environment.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, experience with SNL Financial
- Ability to multi-task and deliver under tight timeframes.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.