Controls & Governance, Suprv
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for overseeing the efficient execution of Post
Closing Mortgage Quality Control for Credit and
Identifies and remains abreast of laws, regulations, regulatory, Agency and Bank requirements. Ensures operational practices are accurately documented in procedures to transparently demonstrate satisfaction of credit and compliances rules for FNMA, FHA, VA, RD and the Bank. This includes monitoring the compliance and credit control process, all while ensuring that the business activities are performed in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and best practices.
Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects, and tactics within Post Closing Quality Control.
Typically has advances knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of the work on other areas of the organization
Bachelor's degree required
- Manages a ream of staff responsible for regulatory and/or program activities related to the Bank Regulations for Mortgage Lending
- Develops and provides MIS and reporting resulting from monitoring or program activities.
- Monitors and tracks recommendations for enhancements to policies, processes, procedures or controls from external examinations, internal audits or compliance testing.
- Provides subject matter guidance to implement changes to polices, processes, procedures or controls.
- Oversees projects or ongoing control process or continuous monitoring process relating to controls that ensure compliance with one or more regulatory requirement
- Interacts with external examiners and coordinates with internal audit and Corporate Compliance Testing within position’s area of focus.
- Manages staff of employees responsible for suspicious activity alert triage, suspicious activity case investigations, suspicious activity reporting, currency transaction reporting, currency transaction reporting exemption management, customer risk assessment, due diligence and enhanced due diligence, OFAC operations functions
- Responsible for managing the efficient execution of centralized compliance functions at a corporate level relating specifically to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Office of Foreign Assets Control Sanctions (OFAC) operations.
- The role also coordinates with business unit functions with regard to ensuring appropriate and accurate data (both electronic and manual) is submitted timely to allow for (i) alerting and investigation of suspicious activity (ii) detection and blocking or rejection of sanctioned transactions and (iii) reporting.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.