Contact Ctr Operatons Spec, Sr
United States-California-San Ramon
Customer Contact Center / Customer Service
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
This position is responsible for all aspects of scheduling for the Contact Center. Forecasts call volume and plans work schedules for the Telephone Banking Contact Centers. Monitors inbound call volume and distribute calls based on staff availability and skill set. Acts as a subject matter expert of the workforce scheduling programs and systems.
- Responsible for making adjustments to the forecasting application on a continuous basis.
- Advises staff of potential high call volume intervals and schedules accordingly.
- Ensures customer service needs are met by coordinating and adjusting call traffic in a timely manner.
- Coordinates call routing with other departments and geographical locations when outages or severe weather conditions occur.
- Creates reports and analyzes data for capacity planning within the Contact Center.
- Advises managers of hiring needs as well as staffing levels based on department service level goals.
- Assist in making adjustments to workforce schedule adherence reports.
- Verifies the accuracy of timecards for the department and acts as the department liaison with payroll.
- Acts as a liaison with forecasting application vendor.
- Trains and assists managers with forecasting application software and report generation.
- Schedules and tracks staff development activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Workforce scheduling, forecasting software and Symposium experience required
- Knowledge of operating systems and computer software (as specified by department needs)
- Proficient in MS Excel. Must have the ability to create custom reports, macros, and pivot tables.
- Training experience preferred
- Electronic payroll experience preferred
- Ability to balance department needs with scheduling requests, as well as conduct diplomatic discussions with representatives when unable to accommodate requests
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and assume responsibility while making necessary decisions
- Ability to handle occasional challenges of quality assurance scoring with management
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interaction skills
- Ability to learn and apply skills quickly
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- No supervisory responsibility
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, limited standing/walking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.