Customer Contact Center / Customer Service
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing the Contact Center to ensure Bank of the West customers receive accurate and timely information regarding account information, bank products, service questions or problem resolution. Establish and maintain exceptional service levels through monitoring and coaching contact center staff. Monitors and manages call volume to ensure service level standards are maintained. Responsible for handling high level executive and/or customer complaints.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for managing a team of fifteen to twenty-five Contact Center Representatives. This includes one-on-one training, team meetings, monthly quality monitoring discussions, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and regular employee coaching and development. Monitors Contact Center Representatives’ calls and directs agent activities to ensure service excellence, quality and accuracy.
- Manages contact center goals, operational functions, referral programs, staff development, human resource functions, and nurturing a positive and productive culture.
- Plays a key role in achieving sales and service objectives that support the Bank’s vision. In addition, assists the Regional Contact Center Manager in the research and implementation of improvements in customer satisfaction, department efficiency and cross-selling additional products and services. Monitors and responds to workload and staff productivity on a daily basis to maintain service levels and requires scheduling flexibility and judicious use of overtime.
- Resolves escalated customer and branch issues. Acts as liaison with branch personnel. Primary contact for executive complaints moderate to complex in nature.
- Maintains knowledge of current department operating procedures, products and services offered. Effectively uses all resources available to assist with team member duties.
- Ensures subordinates are trained and comply with bank policy, laws and regulations pertaining to their roles. Monitors subordinates’ adherence to internal controls and takes action to address employee performance issues. Completes compliance training; follows internal processes and controls as required. Reports all compliance issues, violations of law or regulations to the appropriate departments.
- Acts as manager in Regional Contact Center Manager’s absence.
- May act as lead on systems related projects in conjunction with senior management.
Tuesday-Saturday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Requires 5-7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent knowledge of bank products, services and operations.
- Excellent performance history within Bank of the West or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of call center operations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle the most difficult customer complaints.
- Sales experience in goal-oriented environment preferred.
- Online banking experience preferred.
- Superior interpersonal/communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, develop customer relationships, sell products, offer company services and embrace new challenges.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and assume responsibility to make necessary decisions.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and performance.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Adaptable to change.
- Excellent oral presentation and writing skills.
- Team player.
- Computer literate.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.