Consumer Real Estate Compliance Manager
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The Real Estate Compliance Officer is responsible for managing the execution and coordination of the compliance function at the group level. Manages the review and interpretation of new and pending laws and regulations, which potentially affects the business practices for the assigned group. Will support: Residential Real Estate and Equity products.
· Highly knowledgeable in CFPB rules and regulations with an emphasis in mortgage requirements.
· Provides a leadership role in implementing policies, standards and procedures specific to the needs of the Business Units aligned with the Bank’s Corporate Compliance program
· Analyzes various processes and products, existing or new, by addressing required processes under the Compliance program framework (risk assessment, to documenting controls, and to implementing testing)
· Works with management and staff in areas of the organization affected by alterations in business practices to ensure understanding and implementation of new policies and procedures.
· Collaborate with other Bank units to study and investigate issues and identify and implement solutions
· Develops/amends written policies and procedures related to products and processes
· Supervises and/or performs periodic testing to determine effectiveness of unit’s compliance to regulatory requirements, internal policies, and best practices
· Directs and assists staff with the development or revision of policies, procedures, contracts and agreements to ensure compliance.
· Reviews modifications initiated by other departments or functional areas
· Acts as business unit interface with Corporate Compliance
· Helps develop Business Unit compliance training programs
· Participates in Business Unit Compliance projects
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field Required
· Progressively responsible work experience within the mortgage lending function of a financial institution where the incumbent has gained an in-depth working knowledge of the following lending regulations: Equal Credit Opportunity Act (REG B); Truth in Lending Act (REG Z); Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (REG C); Real Estate Settlement Procedure Act (RESPA & REG X); Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA); Flood Insurance Regulation; Fair Lending Act; Fair Housing Act; State Banking lending laws, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac/FHA/VA guidelines and the loan process from, underwriting through servicing. Incumbent must have a working knowledge of the lending function from product development to implementation. Audit, underwriting and secondary market documentation knowledge is required
· Years of functional/professional experience: 10+ yrs combined Compliance/Audit/Risk Management experience
· Years of supervisory or managerial experience: 5+ yrs managerial/supervisory experience
· Alternative: Combination of education and experience (years /description): Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.