Consumer Product Servicing Insurance Specialist I
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties related to tracking for certificates of insurance for both real estate and non-real estate products and tracking for flood insurance for real estate products to ensure compliance with federal regulations while providing a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: researching and processing maintenance transactions to resolve issues from customer, branch, or third party inquiries including by phone, in written communications and in work orders. Extensive work on the telephone with use of headset, and computer data entry and inquiry.
1. Processes the following maintenance transactions ensuring compliance with the Bank's policies and applicable regulations: Tracks, manages, and maintains all real estate loan and line of credit accounts in the portfolio to ensure compliance with federal regulations for flood insurance (FEMA). Works in conjunction with the flood compliance administrator to ensure all accounts meet documented procedural requirements and guidelines.
2. Processes monetary transactions in varying amounts to payoff and when necessary refund accounts due to a total or partial loss of collateral. Completes in-depth review of each account to ensure funds are properly credited and collateral is released to the proper authority.
3. Performs the necessary research to processes monetary transactions in varying amounts as a result of insurance claims for damages and ensures corrective actions are taken by the customer or responsible party to restore the collateral to a "whole" state prior to releasing funds to the customer.
4. Continuously follows up on all open claims until completion working closely with customers, insurance companies, dealers, and Gap Insurance companies to ensure all necessary documentation has been received in order to complete a claim and provide a settlement to the customer and the Bank.
5. Notepads/documents all conversations held with customer, branch or third party updating any information regarding work processed.
6. Reviews, logs, submits and/or processes all requests for guarantee of title from 3rd party Insurance vendors.
7. Opens, sorts, and processes incoming mail.
8. Provides additional support to other back office groups in DLP, CPS and Collections groups on an as needed basis.
High School Diploma or GED
Field of Experience
One or more years of previous banking or related field experience preferably in a customer service setting. Working knowledge of flood insurance documentation, securing insurance for personal property products, and various state and federal rules/regulations pertaining to insurance/flood insurance for deed and non – deed related products preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Attention to detail skills
• Customer Service skills - both written and verbal communication and interpersnoal skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Personal computer skills
• Ability to be a team player
• Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations such as FEMA Guidelines
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.