Consumer Direct Sales Mortgage Banker - Tempe, AZ
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for mortgage loan production generated via the Internet, over the telephone, referring branch partners, and employee loan requests. Determines the best product/program to meet the customers’ needs while taking into consideration the impact on the Bank. Generates income by selling products with an emphasis on mortgage lending and identifies cross sell opportunities by reviewing customers’ banking needs.
Essential Job Functions
1. Receives incoming calls from customers and BOW employees requesting information regarding loan products and services offered by BOW. Identifies cross-sell opportunities and makes or refers additional product sales (home equity loans, personal loans, checking, savings etc.). Researches/resolves customer problems on an as-needed basis, provides outstanding customer service, and strives to exceed customer expectations.
2. Completes overview of customer portfolio, analyzes customer qualifications (i.e. financial and credit data) and needs, makes decision on how to proceed with the application. Determines the best program by analyzing current rates and loan programs and provides accurate and timely information to customers. Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with applicants.
3. Provides direct communication with customers, realtor, and third party providers to facilitate loan application to closing. Maintains positive public relations with brokers, agents, builders, and realtors.
4. Tracks and reports sales activity, including mortgage loan findings, consumer loan referrals and new account referrals.
5. Process modification loan requests on current existing portfolio loans.
6. Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with applicants.
7. Attends training sessions, meetings, etc., to remain current on mortgage guidelines. Attends training sessions and self-study courses in order to improve sales development knowledge/skills. Provides quality customer service by communicating in an accurate, timely, and courteous manner, maintaining a high level of integrity regarding the confidentiality of customer accounts, maintaining acceptable time frames on loan applications and providing alternative solutions when applications do not meet BOW guidelines. Adheres to all regulatory agency and BOW policies and procedures pertaining to mortgage operations, origination, compliance, security, and client service to manage and lessen business risk. Keeps informed of all regulatory and policy changes.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School - Required
· Bachelor’s Degree in - Preferred
· Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
· Requires less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
· Good knowledge of mortgage finance
· Good knowledge of financial markets, trends, products, and characteristics
· Good knowledge of the requirements, documentation and procedures required for mortgager loans as related to financial and portfolio impacts and corporate goals
· Good knowledge of Bank policies, standards and guidelines
· Good knowledge of federal regulations and regulatory agencies such as USPAP, FIRREA, HMDA, RESPA, FNMA, FHLMC, VA, FHA, RD and Fair Lending
· Good knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.