Consumer Direct Sales I - Home Equity
Sales - Consumer Lending
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The regulations implementing the S.A.F.E. Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
Responsible for generating new consumer loan applications submitted via alternative delivery channels (phone and internet). Generates new business for the Bank by identifying cross-sell and referral opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
Shift 11:00AM - 8:00PM1. Responds to inbound phone and internet requests for new consumer loan applications.
2. Partners with RBG branch bankers to support consumer loan product education, customer financial needs and Fixed Rate Loan Options.
3. Makes outbound phone calls to retain home equity loan and line customers who have maturing accounts. Communicate credit decisions to customers.
4. Provide an elevated level of accountability, service, and expertise. CDSHE Specialists are expected to be Consumer Loan product experts, and proactively look for opportunities to share their knowledge and assist our customers and branch partners. Cross-sells additional products and services and/or refers to other units within the Bank as appropriate in order to deepen existing client relationships with the Bank.
5. Communicates with Bank clients, as well as Bank personnel throughout the decisioning process ensuring that all parties are fully informed as to the status of loans and lines applications and new products and services being cross-sold and/or referred. Effectively tracks all pending interactions to ensure timely follow up per department guidelines
6. Ensures that all consumer loan applications are made in full compliance of Bank and applicable regulatory policies. This includes but is not limited to Fair Lending regulations, Bank expectations for complete and verbatim rate quote scripting, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, SAFE Act.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Required license(s) or certification(s) Registered MLO
- 1 – 2 years of experience in financial services/banking industry;
- 1 – 2 years of experience in call center sales and/or customer service;
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
• Good knowledge of banking, including sales and customer service
• Good knowledge of consumer loan and related laws and regulations
• Good customer service skills
• Good written and tracking Skills
• Good knowledge of the Bank’s products (i.e., deposits, cash management, loans and other fee income generating products)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.