What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Compliance Testing Officer
Job Description Summary
Primarily responsible for planning and executing "audit-like" Compliance Reviews related to the Bank's business processes and controls for consumer lending, small/medium enterprise lending, retail banking, and digital banking.
Essential Job Functions
1. Plans, leads, and executes "audit-like" Compliance Reviews to assess the effectiveness of the bank's practices for compliance with federal and state consumer protections laws/regulations.
2. Researches regulatory laws, recent or proposed changes, guidance and interpretations as part of the Compliance Reviews.
3. Prepares and presents Compliance Review results and written assessment reports that summarize the scope of the work performed, findings, and recommendations.
4. Tracks and validates management corrective actions and enhanced business processes in addressing findings from Compliance Reviews.
5. Assists in preparation for examinations by regulators and auditors.
6. Acts as a subject matter expert for the "regulatory compliance programs" within the team's scope of responsibility.
7. May participates in the Regulatory Risk Assessment process that identifies and maintains the bank list of high, medium and low risk legal and regulatory obligations.
8. May participate in the development of the Bank's Compliance standards and policies.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Expected Education, Certifications or Equivalent Experience
· A University Degree and/or minimum 3-5 relevant prior work experience.
- Relevant audit/compliance profession certifications, such as CRCM, CIA or CAMS.
· Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
· Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
· Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills.
· A desire to learn and a self-starter.
· Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
· Good time management and organization skills.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Extensive experience with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio is required.
- Working knowledge of data analytics tool (i.e., ACL) preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.