Compliance Reporting Manager
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for overseeing the development of accurate, sustainable, and timely management, board, and other routine reporting. The Compliance Manager will lead initiatives to align reporting throughout the Bank its holding and parent companies, drive process efficiencies, and meet the needs of Group Compliance’s business partners. The Compliance Manager will also be responsible for ensuring the appropriateness and consistency of management- and board-level reporting.
- Lead Compliance MIS strategy, including (but not limited to) the reporting framework, which develops and maintains compliance reporting standards, templates, processes, and management information.
- Direct the compilation of data for and preparation of periodic reports of a highly complex nature for Executive Management and the Board of Directors regarding BOW’s Compliance Management Program.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and quality of key performance and risk indicators (KPRIs).
- Coordinate with the Bank’s Office of the Corporate Secretary and maintain governance calendars to ensure reporting obligations are documented and flow through proper management and board committees.
- Spearhead projects and initiatives related to the enhancement of the compliance reporting process, especially as they related to enhanced KPRIs and technology solutions.
- Direct execution of reporting obligations to Bank’s retail holding company, intermediate holding company, and parent company.
- Perform other job duties, including ad hoc reporting requests, as required.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field Required
Years of functional/professional experience: 10+ yrs combined Compliance/Audit/Risk Management experience
Years of supervisory or managerial experience: 5+ yrs managerial/supervisory experience
Superb executive-level written and communication skills.
Polished technical skills including demonstrated ability to analyze large sets of data and effectively translate results verbally and visually through tables, charts, graphs and other technique.
Attention to detail coupled with exceptional organizational skills.
Ability to perform under pressure as a team player and demonstrated ability to meet simultaneous deadlines.
Alternative: Combination of education and experience (years /description): Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.