What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
We are currently seeking motivated, qualified talent to be responsible for developing and organizing various external or internal customer and/or departmental communications. Provides support on various Business Group related initiatives and projects, with strong emphasis on written documentation to support business goals and marketing strategies.
1. Develops the written content or provides editing support for business line initiatives including but not limited to programs such as process improvement, team emails, internal articles, talking points, scripts, reference material and other various communications related to business line. Ensures written content meets all Federal and State requirements and meets Bank standards, policies, procedures and best practices.
2. Oversees the response process and develops the overall written content and messaging for business line responding to customer complaints, business line executive office and various regulatory agencies.
3. Conducts reviews and edits of business process change controls and/or procedures to ensure consistency, quality and accuracy.
4. Partners with business line managers to oversee the resolution of complex working problems; trains managers and supervisors on the research and systems utilized.
5. Partners with business line managers to analyze new methods and procedures to make operations more efficient, and validates soundness and budgetary impacts.
6. Provides support for business process improvement initiatives related to business line’s strategies and marketing goals.
7. Partners with other business units such as Product Management, Marketing etc. to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of content related to new and/or updated initiatives.
8. Manages various projects from conception to completion as assigned to support Divisional and Corporate initiatives; may include acting as business analyst and/or business resource coordinator for various projects.
9. Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication or related field 5 - 7 years of communications/writing experience in banking or financial services
Field of Experience
· Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize work and multitask
· Strong ability to review and process/digest complex and technical information in order to ask clarifying questions
· Solid knowledge of internal and external communications best practices
· Strong positive and collaborative individual to develop strong, positive working relationships in a matrix environment
· Good knowledge of consumer compliance and regulatory issues
· Thorough understanding of banking, financial topics and trends
· Expert skills in Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook
· Proficient in Microsoft Publisher, Excel, Jive, Visio and Photoshop
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.