Commercial Loan Specialist I
United States-North Dakota-Fargo
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for a variety of standard operational duties related to the processing and documentation of loans.
Essential Job Functions
1. Coordinates, compiles, processes, and reviews loan files and/or transactions.
2. May be responsible for loan files and/or transactions from any or all points from application through processing and closing.
3. Ensures loan documents are complete and accurate and are in keeping with the terms and conditions approved by the appropriate authority.
4. Contacts relevant parties to collect necessary documentation and may act as a liaison between Bank personnel, and customers.
5. Reviews loan packages and/transactions for any changes/exceptions; requests additional documentation and/or supporting documents, if needed.
• High School Diploma of GED
• At least one year in a similar function and/or environment
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
• Basic knowledge of the products, policies and processes that related to unit assigned
• Basic knowledge of banking operations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.