Collateral Processor I - Direct Consumer Lending
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to ensure that all lien documents for multiple states are complete and accurate, compliant with various policy and reglatory requirements, and are in keeping with the terms and conditions approved by Underwriting. Provides a high level of customer service to internal and external customers and ensures that Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met.
Essential Job Functions
1. Reviews the lien documentation for any changes/exceptions; requests additional information and supporting documentation. Compiles and prepares proper lien documentation according to policy and procdures to all city, county and state requirements to ensure Bank of the West's perfected lien position in the collateral.
2. Reviews and researches state specific motor vehicle department and other appropriate agency requirements and fees for personal property secured products.
3. Works closely with the field to provide copies of lien documents and/or original lien documents and must ensure timely response to the requests to meet established SLAs.
4. Ensures lien documents prpeared in-house are filed in an orderly and timely manner; maintains Bank of the West lien tracking system.
5. Performs collateral documentation review for mandatory signatures and other requirements, and forwards to appropriate agencies to complete lien perfection.
6. Manages for outstanding titles/UCCs to ensure timely lien placement. Contacts appropriate agencies when necessary to assist in the completion of the lien.
7. Maintains proficient knowledge of the basic legal concepts of secured transactions, as well as variances in applicable state rules and regulations for all states in which Bank of the West does business.
8. Escalates complex problems (i.e. production, systems problems and/or documentation issues) to Team Lead or Supervisor.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate’s Degree in business or finance
1 year prior work experience
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to details
• Customer service skills
• Personal computer skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.