CBO Relationship Manager Associate
Sales and Sales Related
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for contributing to unit's growth and profitability by providing marketing, portfolio management and credit support for senior relationship managers and relationship managers. May manage a portfolio of less complex relationships. Generally targets companies with sales of less than $50 million.
- Provides historical financial analysis for CRs and other purposes.
- Maintains credit compliance including monitoring documentation and providing regular financial analysis. Identifies potential problem loans.
- Prepares CRs.
- Prepares all internal documentation required.
- Prepares financial models including obtaining and analyzing all necessary financial data using specialized commercial credit analysis software.
- Researches market for prospective clients. May prepare business development plan. Makes joint calls on customers and prospects.
- Prepares marketing materials and participates in presentation.
- May manage a portfolio of less complex commercial banking relationships providing consultative advice and products and services to meet customers' needs and enhance and expand banking relationships.
- Promotes good customer relations and identifies opportunities to refer customers and/or potential customers to other units of the bank to provide cross-sell opportunities that meet the Bank's and customer's needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of two years
Field of Experience
- Some experience in commercial lending.
- Some knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
- Good knowledge of accounting, financial statement and cash flow analysis, and financial model analysis and presentation.
- Fundamental knowledge of financial services used by commercial customers.
- Limited knowledge of capital markets.
- Documentation knowledge
- Financial analysis skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- No supervisory responsibility.
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.