CBG Portfolio Management Ofcr
Business / Commercial Banking
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for internal risk function for the Commercial Banking Group. Responsibilities include preparing management reporting, forecasting, variance analysis and performance measurements for the Group. Facilitates and participates in quarterly portfolio reviews for the various Divisions of the Group. May perform ad hoc analysis of specific credit transactions and portfolio segments, provide financial information for executive management as needed and provide support for other various special projects, including merger and acquisition-related activities. Will participate in the development of the annual business strategy and budget preparations of the Group. Acts as liaison to Risk Management, Inspection, and Compliance for the Group. Has access to confidential information regarding the Group’s clients and personnel.
1. Monitors classified credits (to include special mention and weakening pass-graded accounts) and prepares monthly report at Group level.
2. Monitors large transactions and prepares daily report.
3. Monitors large lending relationships.
4. Conducts monthly meetings with each unit and division to discuss status of monitored/classified credits.
5. Performs analysis of portfolio-related issues by unit, division, industries, and commodities in the various markets of the Group.
6. Attends all Special Assets status meetings on classified credits.
7. Attends all Inspection exit meetings on the various units of the Group.
8. Services as compliance officer for the Group and attends Compliance Committee meetings.
9. Provides assistance in the coordination and facilitation of the planning process for the Group.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Req Education or Equivalent Experience
· Master’s degree in finance
· Ten years of related work experience to include commercial lending or credit administration experience
Field of Experience
· Knowledge of the lending markets, bank product areas and bank systems.
· Thorough knowledge of commercial lending with experience as a commercial lender, risk officer, senior loan examiner and/or credit administrator.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Customer service oriented
· Able to manage multiple deadlines
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent organizational prioritization skills
· Works independently
· Handles multiple tasks in fast-paced environment with changing priorities
· Strong personal responsibility for quality of work, including accuracy, reliability, completeness and timeliness of information and reports.
· Solid judgment, tact and diplomacy
Directly supervises a portfolio analyst
· Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.