CBG Loan Administrator III
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
As the Loan Administrator III, is typically assigned the most complex commercial loan transactions. Responsible for performing the loan process to conform with credit approval and ensure that the loan processing functions are completed in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner in support of CBG Lending Divisions. Compiles and analyzes due diligence materials required to create or coordinate with legal counsel loan documents to ensure the documents accurately represents the loan terms pursuant to credit approval and the BOW’s loan standards. Communication between the deal team must be engaged soon after customer interest. The deal team retains a high degree of customer interaction. This is the most senior level of this job family and may lead more junior Loan Administrators.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads the deal team in the preparation of the most complex commercial loan documentation packages including notes, deeds of trust, security agreements, construction loan agreements, statistical input, tickler files and any other documents required for loans. Uses established knowledge and experience to mitigate risk without sacrificing quality. Considers all potential risk before taking action and escalates to management as appropriate.
- Responsible for reviewing due diligence materials, ordering third party reports, and meeting compliance requirements. Resolves any diligence and compliance issues.
- Determines internal/external processing path for each loan documentation package. Responsible for the proper documentation of the loan package once this determination has been made.
- Ensures that final loan packages meet BOW standards in preparation of the boarding process. Confirms final loan package meets all requirements. Once confirmed, images required files for submission.
- Serves as primary support for payments, draws, advances as part of the servicing function. Provides ongoing tracking and monitoring of covenants, insurance, et. al. to management. Monitors loans for delinquencies and notifies appropriate deal team member for action. Education Required
- Ongoing tracking and monitoring of collateral perfection, compliance matters, loan renewals, extensions and modifications.
- Maintain loan file imaging. Ensure complete and accurate imaged files are maintained for presentation in internal and external audits.
- Performs loan processing support for loans transferred to REMAD, SAD and AGMAD.
- Logs all activity related to the loan administrator function for loan process tracking.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred Required Experience
- 6 to 8 years of directly related experience
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Ability to think independently and apply sound judgment in making decisions that mitigate the risk profile
- Strong communications skills
- Project management skills
- Expertise in diligence requirements
- Expertise in compliance policy (OFAC, KYC, insurance disclosures, etc.)
- Deep understanding of borrower types, loan types, and collateral types, with implications for loan processing
- Expertise in BOW standard terms and covenants
- BOW systems expertise
- May have some lead duties
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.