Credit Analyst (Commercial Banking)
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for providing detailed analysis of financial statements, tax returns, and cash flow projections to assist in administration of CBG relationships in assigned line of business and region. Assists in the preparation of simple and/or routine credit requests/reviews. May prepare Borrower correspondence or interact with Credit & Counterparty Risk, CBG Loan Administration, servicing, operations, appraisal, legal, and other related personnel as needed for obtaining documentation or assisting with loan closing and loan maintenance. In all duties, ensures that the relationships supported are in compliance with all BOW, CBG, regulatory, and legal requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Produces qualitative financial review for credit requests. Handles basic to moderately complex credit relationships. Analyzes credits including financial statement spreading analysis, tax return analysis, and financial statement projections to make recommendations of client's credit situation.
- Ensures portfolio maintenance by monitoring delinquencies, matured and maturing loans, and assisting with the preparation of extension requests. Sets up credit files and ensures assigned files are complete and updated according to BOW compliance standards. Also sets up covenant and compliance tracking on Balenz.
- Provides support to the regional and division managers for special projects and reporting tasks. Such special projects may include compliance tracking, portfolio analysis, budget forecasts and the creation of excel based underwriting tools.
- Attends client and team meetings and assists in determination of client needs. Assists Relationship Managers and others with completion of Credit Requests and other tasks as needed, providing analysis and review as applicable in a timely fashion free of errors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate’s Degree in Business or Finance preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance preferred
- 0 to 2 years of direct experience including financial statements, tax returns, and/or cash flow analysis, or related equivalent
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- This CBG Credit Analyst position is assumed to be part of the career path for future relationship management or credit-related job families.
- Strong knowledge and ability to analyze financial statements, tax returns and cash flow.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Strong working knowledge of other software used for analysis such as MFA and Tax Analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to perform independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Good organizational skills.
- Not Applicable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.