CBD Quality Control Supervisor
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for the supervision of a specific area of Quality Control, ensuring that all aspects of the area of responsibility meet quality control standards with insurer, investor, and bank requirements and state and federal regulations. Interacts with other business units on Quality Control results.
Essential Job Functions
1. Oversees audit activities in the area of assigned responsibility. Ensures that audit results of review and investigations are accurately reported and resolved.
2. Performs or participates in the audit processes that consists of the planning, design, documentation and review of the audit work for the department.
3. Responsible for the creation and distribution of the department's report to Sr. Management. Develops and maintains a method of documenting management responses and planned corrections to procedures corresponding to specific findings.
4. Develops department standards, policies, and practices pertaining to the audit function.
5. Builds, monitors, and develops appropriate adjustments to loan selection process based on historical findings from prior Quality Control review result.
6. Supervises, mentors, and trains staff members.
7. Manages vendor relationship to achieve quality and turn time commitments.
8. Interacts with Operations staff over monthly QC findings. Follows up for resolution of on-going issues.
9. Directs the preparation for regulatory examinations, investor and insurer audits and internal audits.
10. Assist QC Manager in maintaining effective and professional relationships with other Sr. Management within the bank.
11. Knowledgeable of applicable federal, state, investor and Bank of the West regulations and guidelines. Has an understanding of the impact of regulation and guidelines on the consumer loan portfolio and the bank.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Required license(s) or certification(s) CIA, CGAP, CFSA, CCSA, CRMA, CMCP, CCPE , CRC, CFE, or equivalent discipline
- Years of functional/professional experience: 5+ years consumer loan experience
- Years of supervisory or managerial experience: 1+
- Alternative: Combination of education and experience (years /description) Degree/certification with 3 years related experience
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Current and up-to date knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations and investor guidelines
- Thorough knowledge of consumer loan origination and servicing processes
- Current knowledge of Consumer Banking Division procedures and systems preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.