Cash Mgmt Training Specialist
United States-California-City of Industry
Business / Commercial Banking
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The Primary responsibility for this position will be to conduct training to new and existing Cash Management clients. Training will be provided for Bank of the West's Cash Management Products and Services, including WebDirect, WebDirect BASIC, and Electronic Deposit Services. The position will also be responsible for handling complex maintenance and/or testing actions related to such products and services, including file transmissions, file format issues and new check testing.
- Contact client for scheduling of training to meet the client's implementation expectation and SLA.
- Develop and manage training/testing schedule to meet needs of external clients and internal stakeholders. Provide access of training/testing calendar to CPI, Sales and Customer Service for schedule new events as needed.
- Maintain regular and effective communication with Implementation Specialists assigned to the client.
- Coordinate one-on-one and multiple trainings for clients, as required.
- Identify and escalate technical challenges involving external clients to Technical Support as needed.
- Conduct training via WebEx/Teleconference as needed. Schedule WebEx conferences for post-implementation training on a regular basis.
- Confirm successful completion of all client training; communicate status effectively to assigned Implementation Specialist and Customer Service.
- Coordinate testing of check and transmission file with our business partner and client. Communicate status regularly and effectively to assigned Implementation Specialist.
- Adhere to Bank's security and audit procedures as well as industry rules and regulations.
- Maintain current knowledge of all Bank of the West Cash Management products, services and systems.
- Participate in UAT testing on new initiatives related to Cash Management products and services, as required. Create formal test scripts for system initiatives.
- Supports Cash Management Division Training Manager as needed with Division-wide training needs and instruction. Conduct training of new hires for Cash Management Division as required.
- Provide back-up customer service support, as needed, during bank acquisition post-integration periods, large new business campaigns, and other “peak call volume” situations.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years in Banking or Financial Services, preferably in Cash Management
- Training experience a plus
Field of Experience
Job-specific knowledge requirements, for example,
- Client Training - minimum of two (2) years
- Cash Management product and services expertise
- Experience with installation/implementation of cash management products
- Knowledge of general banking services and bank operations
Job-specific skill requirements, for example,
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Computer skills
- Good Communication skills
- Training abilities
Scope of supervisory responsibility
- No supervision required
- Sedentary work: lifting of a maximum of 10 pounds, majority of the time will be sitting with some standing/walking
- Ability to travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.