What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
This senior role is responsible for managing all strategic components of one or more products in a Cash Management product family (Payables, Receivables or Information Reporting). The Product Manager is primarily accountable for the P&L of the products under his/her leadership, including developing, articulating, communicating (internally within the bank and externally to the market) as well as executing product strategies, focusing on cost analyses, constantly investigating and pursuing cost reduction opportunities as well as revenue enhancement opportunities to maximize product profitability, conducting market analyses, market segmentation analyses, target marketing of specific industries, designing and developing market collateral, conducting competitive analyses and designing and executing strategies to improve competitive positioning of managed products, Developing product roadmaps and prioritizing development roadmaps. The role also has primary responsibility for financial management and administration of all aspects of the products under management, including risk, compliance, regulatory, and legal issues.
1. Market analysis includes product strategy development and communication, industry trend tracking, market surveys, competitive intelligence gathering, regulatory intelligence gathering, collating client feedback and segmentation analysis.
2. Strategy includes developing, articulating and communicating product strategy, roadmap prioritization, P&L Management, cost and revenue analyses, and designing and executing actions to reduce costs, enhance revenues and maximize profitability.
3. Financial Management includes developing and maintaining business plans, managing the P&L of each product, forecasting and budgeting, deal pricing and pricing policy development, maintenance and communication, and pricing modeling.
4. Product Administration includes participation and leadership in internal partnership meetings and discussions, cooperating with, responding to and remediating findings related to audits, vendor management, compliance with regulatory and compliance issues and updates, and risk management.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing required
· Master’s/Advanced Degree in Business or Marketing preferred
· Required license(s) or certification(s) CTP preferred
· 7 or more years of directly related experience+
Field of Experience
· Experience and expertise in instilling product management disciplines in a changing or evolving environment
Key Product Areas Managed Under This Role
· Payables or
· Receivables or
· Information Reporting or
· Small Business or
· International Services
· Product Marketing
· Pricing and Profitability
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.