What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for BusinessLink Portfolio and Underwriting function, including Portfolio Quality, Service Quality, Personnel, & Training. The incumbent will supervise an underwriting team and be responsible for such functions as hiring, training, and performance evaluation.
1. Analyzes all necessary financial and credit data to make credit decision/recommendations
2. Ensures compliance with established Loan policies and regulatory requirements
3. Reviews loan policies and recommends changes to reflect group credit risk appetite
4. Ensures timely renewal and/or review of BusinessLink portfolio
5. Identifies problems or potential problem loans and takes action to protect the Bank
6. Performs supervisory functions for underwriting team. This includes training, mentoring, and fostering interdepartmental support
7. Provides ongoing training for underwriting staff to ensure consistent credit decisions.
8. Ensures personnel performance reviews are completed in a timely manner
9. Approve credit decisions proposed by subordinate staff
10. Review and decision branch appeals, balancing business needs with portfolio quality
11. Ensures that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met for credit decisions, telephone and email responses of underwriting staff
12. Ensures that customers (internal) receive prompt, courteous and accurate responses
13. Identifies & implements opportunities to expand product line
14. Encourages interdepartmental cooperation and support
15. Identifies & implements opportunities to improve efficiencies throughout the entire department.
16. Identifies and recommends opportunities to increase revenues
17. Maintains a high level of department morale
18. Other duties as required
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelors Degree required
· 10 years
Field of Experience
· Commercial lending, including underwriting, documentation, legal/regulatory and other compliance issues.
· General & Process Management
· Knowledge of Accounting
· Computer/systems operation
· Knowledge of the MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
· Analytical and research
· Bank product and services knowledge
· Demonstrated management skills
· Effective negotiation skills
· Planning & organization skills
· Presentation skills
· Written & Verbal communication skills
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.