What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for direct oversight of sales and service activities of Business Banking Officers (BBO) throughout the region of Bank of the West RBG Retail Branch network. Responsible for effectively managing and coaching Business Banking Officers within their region to performance, strategy, goals and vision of the Company and division. Within the region the following functions will include: Business Banking Officer sales management, business development strategy and activities, customer retention and cross sell, customer service, and asset, liability, revenue and profit generation. Business target market is companies, including sole proprietorships, with sales generally up to $20 million in annual revenues.
- Provides direct sales and tactical coaching of Business Development Officers reporting to RBG geographic divisions. This includes in-market joint calling and coaching.
- Participates in the development of coaching tools, activity objectives, performance goals, sales and coaching protocols, performance plans, tracking and reporting tools, recruiting profiles and relevant training (sales, product and credit).
- Monitors progress on all objectives and goals. Accountable for achievement of loan, deposit and fee income targets of the Small Business Banking teams.
- Monitors variance against budget on an ongoing basis. Accountable for achieving positive or neutral variances to Small Business Banking related budgets for the region.
- Manages employees directly, including selection, resource allocation and performance management. Involved directly in selection of the regions Business Banking Officers.
- Conducts regular communication meetings with direct reports to communicate information, discuss problems, train staff, and provide a forum for discussion of pertinent issues.
- Provides regular communication to Division Executives regarding performance of small business teams, strategies, and tactics.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Admin., finance, accounting preferred
- 7 - 10 of business banking experience
- 3+ years of supervising or managing a sales force
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Sales Management
- Bank Product, Marketing and Service knowledge
- Analytical and budgeting skills
- Negotiating skills
- Planning & organizational skills
- PC Skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Written and verbal communications and presentations
- Will supervise a team of two or more sales staff
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.