Business Banking Officer II
Sales and Sales Related
Generates Small Business loans, deposits and fee income for the Regional Banking Group. Develops new business banking relationships both independently and in partnership with Branch Managers and other Branch sales staff. Responsible for originating and boarding new business relationships in designated area. Business target market is companies, including sole proprietorships, with sales generally around $20 million in annual revenues.
- Generates new business through prospecting, outside calling, networking and referrals. Makes a substantial number of outside, in-person calls on prospects and clients throughout a designated geography
- Achieves quarterly goals through business generation of small business loans, deposits, cash management and other products detailed in the Business Banking Officers’ incentive plan.
- Develops and implements marketing activities within the budgetary constraints established by supervisor. Also works with the retail Regional Manager and/or Branch Manager to develop and implement marketing plans. Marketing area is designated by the National Small Business Banking Manager. Marketing activities outside designated area will require supervisory approval
- Works to foster new and expand existing customer relationships through cross-selling products and services
- Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the bank’s credit policy, client eligibility and all necessary business practices to ensure the submission of accurate and complete loan application packages.
- Actively participates in local business functions with assigned marketing area.
- Provides management with input regarding current policies and practices
- Assists the bank in the promotion of all product lines offered in assigned market
- Generates loans that maintain an acceptable level of performance. Assists special assets and credit services in any requested servicing action within assigned marketing area
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Admin., finance, accounting preferred
- 3 - 5 years of business development experience within the financial services industry.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Lending experience
- Bank Product, Marketing and Service knowledge
- Analytical and credit skills
- Negotiating skills
- Planning & organizational skills
- PC Skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Written and verbal communications