Business Analyst- Wealth Management
United States-California-Newport Beach
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Essential Job Functions
- Will plan, conduct and supervise small, short-term projects as part of the GIFS Centralized Team
- Evaluate data gathered from multiple source systems, reconciles differences; Balances various computer reports; researches and resolves out-of-balance conditions
- Analyzes compliance reports and prepares various management reports
- Compiles data for and prepares regularly scheduled or special reports, analyses and financial statements
- Will provide support as a member of the GIFS Central Unit in the development of department or operational procedures, reporting, financial analysis, communication, and/or strategic planning activities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- May assist business unit production and/or investment trading functions during high volume periods.
- Work independently and/or collaborate with smaller team on assigned projects or tasks.
- Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences, and ensures consistent approaches, data interpretation, and results measurements are employed.
- Identifies, integrates, and manages required internal and external resources to provide business solutions for groups most complex business issues, while able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously. Develops and implements detailed project plan.
- Will be a member of the Wealth Management team and will be expected to interact with the team on a regular basis.
- Will report to a manager in the business line.
- Oversees test and project task development and implementation.
- Evaluates and provides written and verbal updates on project status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- Strong preference towards a candidate with a broad knowledge of trust, investments, securities operation.
- Requires 7-10 years minimum prior relevant banking and/or trust experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance
- An ideal candidate will have some experience in retail and/trust/investment banking and a working knowledge of securities products.
- Strong attention to detail and experience in representing complex issues based on comprehensive analysis in a holistic and understandable manner.
- Prior experience working with large implementation projects.
- Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.