Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing complex information and data analysis to support projects and/or in the overall management of a business unit/department. Develops and documents business requirements and/or business solutions to solve complex problems and issues related to business operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads business team members to define business needs through utilization to effective elicitation techniques.
- Evaluates and develops various methods of analysis and/or project planning that influence strategic initiatives.
- Analyzes and evaluates data gathered from multiple sources. Reconciles differences and applies consistent approaches to data interpretation and performance measurement results.
- Engages with business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation. Ensures project dependencies are clearly defined and communicated appropriately in terms of time required to complete.
- Liaises with the business, development team, and technology on an ongoing basis. Acts as the "Subject Matter Expert" (SME) and provides business knowledge as needed.
- Responsible for critical examinations of current business processes and provides recommendations for improving quality and/or increasing efficiency within business unit operations.
- May lead efforts in the development of business unit analytics, department or operational procedures, reporting, financial analysis, communication, and/or strategic planning activities.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for report writing, business requirement proposals, client interaction, and methodology documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is highly desired.
- Project management tools such as MS Project.
- Strong knowledge and working experience with multiple payment types (Wires, ACH, etc.)
- Strong experience and interactions with Operations and IT
- Strong experience in Vendor interactions and management
- Strong understanding and experience in a financial regulatory environment
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.