Bus Intelligence Officer
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for providing database systems development, analysis and administration in support of the Division’s information reporting needs. Responsible for providing financial and management reporting as well as sales and marketing information to the Commercial Banking Group. Responsible for system testing and documentation required. Responsible for user training required for system implementation. May act in a project lead capacity in various systems projects assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports the First Line of Defense team with all Business Intelligence needs: including data support for Risk and Controls Self-Assessment, Remediation activities, Key Risk Indicators, Loss data Collection and reporting, Quality Assurance reporting.
- Supports executive reporting for the First Line of Defense Risk teams.
- Designs, implement and maintains the infrastructure and tracking tools supporting all First Line of Defense activities.
- Works with business line managers in identifying and developing reporting needs or client analytics.
- Coordinates and manages sales and marketing related reporting, including pipeline reporting, product goals, client portfolio reports, etc.
- Responsible for complex report development and management using Microstrategy and SQL.
- Responsible for monthly production of reports.
- Resolve complex systems problems and customize systems as required.
- Conduct research and studies involving financial and operations analysis, product pricing and cost analysis.
- Complete documentation and procedures on database systems.
- Provide project management support or subject matter expertise on various projects.
- Provide system training, testing, and support to various projects and end-users.
- May assist in the development and implementation of customer and product. Profitability in conjunction with various other units.
- Work with IT department on various system projects.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Computer Science/Information Systems
- Years of functional/professional experience: 3-4 years of experience working with systems database management
- Alternative: Combination of education and experience (years /description) 6 or more years of experience; minimum 3 years prior work experience in Banking preferred
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Proficient in Business Intelligence reporting which includes data collection and consolidation from multiple source systems outside of CBG resulting in front-end reporting used by entire CBG Sales staff and Executive Management.
- Resolves complex systems problems and customizes systems as required.
- Responsible for database management (DBO rights) using SQL 2005 server.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.