What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for the overall design, implementation and maintenance of the Business Intelligence (BI) infrustructure in the Group. Work directly with business users and management to understand the needs, develop and deliver business intelligense solutions to satisfy business goals and strategic direction of the organization. Responsible for maintenance of the most current documentation and enhancement roadmap
1. Responsible for the overall design, implementation and maintenance of the BI Infrastructure in coordination with best practices and infrastructure standards.
2. Assist in monitoring of the ETL process to ensure performance of the system and security of the data.
3. Work with source system users to develop processes and procedures for entering information into the Business Intelligence Damart and ensure reliability of information entered.
4. Develop BI metadata and models for standard, adhoc reporting, analysis and management dashboards .
5. Participate in user requirement gathering, leading the prototype for all BI initiatives.
6. Lead the internal review process of reports, adhoc queries built by business users and identify duplicate calculations, filters etc. that can be built in the datamart.
7. Maintain appropriate documentation for datamart and BI platform.
8. Mentor other team members, including consulting or outsourced resources as needed on BI architecture best practices.
9. Assist report designers in report development, testing, production and maintenance.
10. Identify re-engineering opportunities through research and analysis of business and system process inefficiencies to ensure the company maintains a competitive advantage with information.
11. Understand existing BI/Analytics related products within Bank of the West and research technology opportunities and industry trends in order to advise internal clients on the applicability and utilization of technology.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in (or foreign equivalent) in Computer science or Management Information Technology or related field
· Minimum of ten (10) years of directly related experience
· Fifteen or more years of experience/education
Field of Experience
• Experience in the designing, creating and manipulation of large Datamarts
• Extensive experience in Data Modeling and Architecture
• Deep level of understanding of various relational database design concepts including relational and dimensional
• Experience with an Extract Transform and Load (ETL) tool.
• Highly motivated individual with the ability to work effectively with business users and management to achieve business goals
• Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment
• Detail oriented with excellent follow through
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.