BSA Compliance Testing Officer
Seasoned professional contributor responsible for confirming through “audit-like” testing that Bank of the West (BOW) and its subsidiary Banc West Investments Services (BWIS) comply with 1) United States of America, 2) BNP Paribas, and 3) BOW requirements related to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, and Sanctions. Works independently with limited supervision. Anticipates and implements changes to the testing plans as a result of changes in the Bank’s business environment including regulatory changes. May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area. May manage projects requiring the responsibility of delegating work and reviewing resulting work product. Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function. Adapts well to and embraces change.
· Independently manages assigned testing and monitoring protocols under Sr. Compliance Tester and/or Compliance Testing Manager guidance.
· Performs assigned testing activities within budgeted project hours including cross team engagements. Adheres to established timelines for testing and monitoring assignments.
· Performs testing and monitoring activities accurately, thoroughly, and following work paper protocols in accordance with Compliance Monitoring and Testing Standard, Operations Manual, FMP requirements, and CUSO-IHC Standard.
· Adheres to Compliance Independent Testing Standards, Operational Procedures, established service level agreements, and any promised timelines in order to provide high value service to business partners.
· Contributes to team process enhancements through sharing of innovative ideas. Also, adapts to and executes process improvements timely.
· Develops and maintains core technical and soft skills (e.g., systems, leadership, people management, planning and organizing, communication, job knowledge and problem solving).
· Prepares and presents written information in a clear, concise, grammatically correct, and convincing manner.
· Demonstrates and influences others with a positive attitude in the work place and accepts accountability.
· Responds timely to internal or external requests for information, analysis and/or advisory testing services.
· Achieve objectives within constraints.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· ACAMS certification preferred
· 5 - 7 years BSA/AML operations, BSA/AML investigations, internal audit, or compliance testing
Desired Experience and Attributes
· Leadership capability.
· Analytical and critical thinker.
· Independent worker; ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills for coordination/liaison functions.
· Strong writing skills for composition of reports.
· Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
· Strong knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC Sanctions and FFIEC Examinations Manual.
· Strong knowledge of general banking with an understanding of deposit, lending and investment products.
· Computer literacy required (Word, Excel, etc.).
· Experience working with regulatory authorities.
· Experience working across diverse business groups and teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.