BSA/AML, Mgr - Consumer Banking Division
United States-California-San Ramon
Bank Secrecy Act / Anti Money Laundering
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for managing the execution and coordination of the BSA/AML/OFAC compliance function for the assigned business unit. Manages the review and interpretation of new and pending laws and regulations, which potentially affects the business practices for the assigned group.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Provides leadership oversight on various BSA compliance functions related to the line of business.
2. Evaluates workflows and consults with business leaders on enhancements to internal controls to effectively resolve weaknesses or gaps in controls.
3. Executes second line of defense compliance practices relevant to BSA/AML for the line of business.
4. Consults with legal counsel, auditor, and/or examiners regarding BSA, AML, and OFAC compliance issues.
5. Manages BSA policies and programs; consults on policies/procedures and ensures compliance with laws/regulations for the business unit.
6. Manages and/or performs periodic monitoring to determine effectiveness of unit’s compliance to regulatory requirements, internal policies, and best practices
7. Educates organization employees with regard to identifying/responding to BSA/AML requirements.
8. Maintains awareness of best practices and the changing regulatory environment, and emerging threats.
9. Conducts regularly scheduled training and information sharing on relevant corporate and BSA/AML/OFAC related issues and changes.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
10+ yrs combined Compliance/Audit/Risk Management experience
Minimum 5+ yrs managerial/supervisory experience
Manages experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments
Thorough knowledge of and experience in:
· Bank operations, policies and procedures, systems and operating rules.
· BSA regulations pertaining to suspicious AML-related customer activity.
· BSA-related suspicious activity detection systems.
· Critical elements needed to ensure acceptable SAR quality.
· Identifying various white collar, general fraud and money laundering schemes.
Demonstrated knowledge of software and AML compliance monitoring systems and wire transfer systems.